Carol sharing her research
techniques at the 2016
- North San Diego County Genealogical Society, Spring Seminar, Carlsbad, CA (27 Apr 2019)
"Case Study: A Chicago DNA Mystery"
- San Diego Genealogical Society (TBD 2020)
- North San Diego County Genealogical Society, DNA Interest Group, Carlsbad, CA (19 Jan 2019)
"Adopted or Switched at Birth: A DNA Mystery"
“Intro to the New DNA Painter Tool: What Are The Odds”- North San Diego County Genealogical Society, DNA Interest Group, Carlsbad, CA (17 Mar 2018)
"Genetic Genealogy Tips and Tricks"
- International Genetic Genealogy Conference/i4GG, San Diego, CA (9/10 Dec 2017)
"Tips and Tricks from the Genetic Genealogy Trenches"
"Identifying the Man Known as Paul Fronczak through DNA Detective Work"
- Concerned United Birthparents Retreat, Carlsbad, CA (6/7 Oct 2017)
"Searching for Bio-family using DNA: A Guide for Adoptees & Birth Parents"
- North San Diego County Genealogical Society, DNA Interest Group, Carlsbad, CA (16 Sep 2017)
"Mirror Trees Tutorial"
- San Diego Genealogical Society, German Interest Group, San Diego, CA (21 June 2017)
"Mirror Trees Explained"
- Questing Heirs Genealogical Society, Long Beach, CA (21 May 2017)
"Navigating the Basics of AncestryDNA"
"Using DNA to Identify Bio-Family"
- International Genetic Genealogy Conference/i4GG, San Diego, CA (Oct 2016)
"Mirror Trees Explained"
- North San Diego County Genealogical Society, DNA Interest Group, Carlsbad, CA (Sep 2016)
"DNA Testing: It's All Fun Until... The Hunt for an Unknown Father"
- United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation, Mitochondrial Medicine, Seattle, WA (June 2016)
Carol Isbister Rolnick is a Genetic Genealogy consultant and leading researcher in the genetic genealogy community, specializing in the use of DNA to identify unknown family. Carol has helped scores of adoptees and others of unknown parentage to find their biological family, including the widely publicized case of Paul Fronczak, who published his story in a highly acclaimed book “The Foundling.”
Carol specializes in autosomal DNA research to solve unknown paternity, adoption, foundlings, and recent unknown ancestry, but is proficient in the use of both y-DNA and mt-DNA as well. She also has a keen interest in the overlap of medical genetics with genealogy, managing projects for rare inherited diseases to identify family who are potential carriers to reduce risk and expedite treatment and support.
Bitten by the genealogy bug from an early age, she discovered an even greater passion for genetic genealogy beginning in the very early days of testing. The field satisfies her love of science, big data and an insatiable desire to help others solve personal mysteries.
She is a member of the International Society of Genetic Genealogists, the North San Diego County Genealogical Society, the Association of Professional Genealogists and the National Genealogical Society.
- Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh, Advanced Genetic Genealogy (Jul 2018)
- International Genetic Genealogy Conference/i4GG, San Diego, CA (Oct 2016, Dec 2017, Dec 2018)
- Forensic Genealogy Institute, Advanced DNA Practicum, San Antonio, TX (2016)
- Forensic Genealogy Institute, Advanced Genetic Genealogy and Unknown Parentage, Dallas, TX (2015)
- Numerous local seminars and lectures
Contact me to discuss your case at email@example.com
Carol Rolnick, Genetic Genealogy Consultant
© 2019 All rights reserved